The Foundation for Women Entrepreneurs has been working in the field of consultancy and the realization of european projects since December 2001. Our Experienced teams of consultants offer our clients the following services:
- Consultancy on best approaches to be taken to submit proposals
- Help in searching for partners from various European countries
- Collation of information required for the preparation of the proposal
- Guidance in preparing the costs statements and request for contribution
- Writing the main text and description of the proposal
- Reviewing the proposal together with the partners involved
- Submitting the proposal within the deadlines specified by the Commission
- Actively looking for partners for projects initiated by the client and also for joining other consortia
- Providing the first contact and information about the client to the selected consortia and projects, thus saving valuable time
- Sending out information on the client to international companies that have already participated or are interested in participating in pan-European projects.
- Liaising on behalf of the client with local / international bodies that manage European funds in order to obtain information on how best to benefit from the schemes
The course shall cover different topics related to Entrepreneurship and the making of this as a way of life for people. It will delve into critical thinking and problem solving, as well as Human Resource Development with a matrix perspective taking into account the leadership styles primarily adopted by managers particularly those most successful in people management cross referencing them with motivational theories at work. This course will help facilitators to find out how best to promote start-ups and help people kick off into the business world.
Each participant shall be required to fill a pre-course form in order that the level of each participant is measured beforehand and the training targeted accordingly.
- Teachers (Pre-school, primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs)
- Teacher trainers
- Headteachers/principals/managers of schools/organisations offering adult education
- Other (Paid or voluntary) management staff in the institution/organisation
- Non-teaching administrative staff
- Other, namely: Mentors and Tutors
The objectives of this programme are:
- Introducing Entrepreneurship
- Promoting Entrepreneurship to women, youths and other minorities
- Introduction to Leadership Skills
- Understanding Marketing and Customer Care
- Assisting in start-ups – Setting up your own business
- Networking in the European Union
- To assist people in bringing out their full potential vis a vis leadership
- To assist facilitators in transferring their knowledge to others
- A clear knowledge of HR practices and skills.
This course will define clear objectives of what it entails to open a business and will highlight what is the process in order to achieve a successful business. Apart from the lectures there will be a series of visits to facilities that assist businesses in order to be able to understand better and hear from the people on the job how to move forward in this respect. The lectures will be by a series of different lecturers in order to have a variety of information and dynamism within the course.
DAY ONE: Welcome introduction to programme; Case Studies of Real Entrepreneurs.
DAY TWO: Leadership Trends and Skills; Understanding Business Ideas of Successful Innovation;. Characteristics of Entrepreneurs; Idea Generation using thinking tools.
DAY THREE: Understanding products, process, markets and choosing a target sector; Creative Marketing and Sales; Competition Analysis, Risk Management.
DAY FOUR: Visits to entities that assist Entrepreneurs in Malta; Discussion of best practice; Innovation and Lisbon Agenda Policy; What help can SMES get from the EU; Adaptation Skills in Business; Discovering and assessing opportunities.
DAY FIVE: Teaching Entrepreneurship to young people and hospitality; Making Organisations Entrepreneurial; Networking in the European context; Business Incubation Centres; Conclusion.
Progamme subject to last minute changes.
This course is set in a welcoming traditional ambience featuring cultural tours as well as fine dining at various traditional restaurants so that you may experience authentic Maltese culinary delights.
All participants will receive a certificate of attendance at the end of the course.
Training and notes will be supplied and delivered in English.
Italian can serve as a secondary course delivery language in certain cases, should there be participants who have difficulties with English.
Ongoing contact with participants by means of discussion forum and mailing lists. Online support will be available to all participants.
The Foundation offers different types of mentoring services designed to help different types of business owners.
The mentoring programmes are designed to help individual entrepreneurs develop their knowledge, ability and confidence to build stronger, high growth, more sustainable businesses. We can offer our clients practical advice on business planning assistance, problem solving for business challenges and identify growth strategies for business opportunities. The FWE can help them look at the “big picture”, and to take stock of where their business is at and may identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats that they have missed. We will help them refocus on their business goals and offer advice on strategies to better achieve them.